* Staff writer, business and regional issues – Dubuque Telegraph Herald –
2005 to 2013.
* Business news intern, police reporter, stringer – Milwaukee Journal Sentinel – 2005.
* Editorial assistant – Milwaukee Journal Sentinel – 2002 to 2005.
* Iowa Associated Press Managing Editor awards in 2010, 2009 and 2007 for business reporting and business feature writing.
* Named Outstanding Young Iowa Journalist by the Iowa Newspaper Association for 2009.
* Inland Press Award, 2008, feature story.
* Milwaukee Press Club Scholarship, Achievement in Professional Journalism, 2005
Marquette University, B.A. Journalism, 2005. Graduated cum laude.
Digital Marketing Manager, Press Relations at Crescent Electric Supply
Eileen is a deadline-driven, consummate professional who takes pride in her work, whether it’s covering hard news or feature writing. Most importantly, she’s a team player and is always willing to help those around her, which is paramount in a newsroom.
January 14, 2013, Thomas managed Eileen at Telegraph Herald
Reporter at Action News 5 (WMC-TV)
As business reporter at Dubuque’s Telegraph Herald, Eileen is one of those “on top of things journalists.” Not only is she committed to telling a fair and accurate story, she goes above and beyond to get the right story. She is professional in every aspect of her job. She finds ways to tell a story that is understandable, yet detailed. She’s not afraid to ask the tough questions, yet approaches each story with respect and a willingness to tell both sides.
January 19, 2011, Lauren worked directly with Eileen at Telegraph Herald
Program Coordinator at Consulting Company
Eileen is a detail-oriented reporter who is fair and objective in covering the news, whether it was at my agency or in the greater Dubuque business community. She is a fair and respectful reporter, and gives an objective view of the news in a format that is interesting for readers.
August 27, 2009, Emily was with another company when working with Eileen at Telegraph Herald